This violin was made by W.W. Wallace at Taylor's Music House in Springfield in 1892. The back and the ribs are made from two pieces of tiger maple. The belly is made from two pieces of spruce. The neck, peg box and scroll are nicely carved from a single piece of tiger maple. Two of the tuning pegs are ebony and two are rosewood, and all four have mother-of-pearl inlaid dots in the ends. This violin is a good example of the violins being made in the Connecticut River Valley in the late nineteenth century, a time in which a thriving instrument making industry existed in the region.